Effective Date: April 4, 2014
When using the Website and/or Application, you are obligated to inform BabyQ of any changes to your Personal Information, and protect the security of your username, password, and Personal Information.
BabyQ may collect Personal Information
- Any information that you or your electronic device or computer submits to the Website and/or Application;
- Any personal, medical, or health-related information that you voluntarily submit through any survey provided by BabyQ, which may include protected health information (PHI);
- Any information that you make public through third party social media accounts or similar third party sites or applications to which you allow the Website and/or Application access;
- First and last name;
- Email address;
- Payment information (where applicable for Premium Members only);
- Your IP address;
- Your geolocation;
- Your behavior and use with regard to the Website and/or Application;
- Information stored in cookies, pixel tags, or web beacons;
- Analytic data from Google Analytics; and
- Any other additional analytic data that you voluntarily submit to the Website and/or Application
BabyQ may use Personal Information
BabyQ may use Personal Information to provide you with the Website and/or Application, process requests made by you, process any payments to the Website and/or Application (where applicable for Premium Members), identify and fix problems with the Website and/or Application, update you on changes to the Website and/or Application, communicate with you concerning your account, and to update you on BabyQ’s services offered through the Website and/or Application or the services of third parties.
Except where otherwise prohibited by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), BabyQ may share your Personal Information with third parties where it has obtained your consent, whether express or implied, with third party service providers to provide you with services initiated at your request, with BabyQ’s parents, subsidiaries, successors, and assigns, and with BabyQ’s business partners who offer services through or in association with the Website. With respect to any PHI provided by you to BabyQ, BabyQ may use such PHI for any lawful purpose in compliance with HIPPA, including, without limitation, for research or reporting purposes; provided however, that any PHI you provide to BabyQ will be wiped clean of any personally identifying information prior to any disclosure of such de-identified data to any third party. BabyQ may sell or otherwise share such de-identified data in the aggregate to any third party for any lawful purpose.
BabyQ may use your personal identifiable information, including your email address, to communicate with you about the Website and/or Application, your use of services related to the Website and/or Application such as promotions, advertising placements and/or the purchase of goods or services.
BabyQ may also use your personal identifiable information, including your email address, for marketing purposes. BabyQ will allow you to opt out of email marketing. Each email sent contains a simple and automated way for you to stop receiving email messages from us in the future. If you have received unwanted or unsolicited email sent through the BabyQ system or purporting to be sent through the BabyQ system, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. BabyQ will look into the matter immediately.
Except where otherwise prohibited by HIPAA, BabyQ may be display the information you provide, whether on your personal member page. You are solely responsible for the protection of any Personal Information that you submit to the Website and/or Application and you are advised to review that Personal Information before you submit it to the Website and/or Application.
You acknowledge and agree that BabyQ is not responsible for any third party links, content, or communications sent to you from entities or individuals that BabyQ does not own or control. You are advised to review the privacy policies of such third party websites.
BabyQ may store Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored and processed on computers in the United States and the State of Michigan and, through your use of the Website and/or Application, you consent to the processing and storage of your personal and Personal Information within the United States and the State of Michigan. You understand and agree that BabyQ may continue to store your information after you cease use of the service or disable your Account.
BabyQ uses all reasonable and appropriate efforts and technology to store and help prevent against the unauthorized disclosure of your Personal Information. As required by HIPAA, BabyQ implements administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the electronic PHI that We receive, maintain, store, and transmit. These safeguards include measures required by HIPAA, such as:
- Regular risk assessments of systems to ensure that safeguards remain relevant and effective
- Assigned security team which is responsible for maintaining compliance with HIPAA’s security requirements
- Screening, authorization, and training of BabyQ staff who come into contact with PHI
- Data backup plans
- Disaster recovery plans
- Systems regularly monitored, updated, and patched
- Incident response plan that includes reporting of security incidents to affected covered entities
- All communications with BabyQ servers encrypted with SSL protocols
Though BabyQ undertakes all reasonable and appropriate efforts to protect your Personal Information, no Website or Application is completely safe. Accordingly, you provide all such Personal Information at your own risk.
BabyQ may share Personal Information
You understand and agree that BabyQ may specifically share your information with mobile service providers, search engine providers, payment processors, web merchants, and online retailers in order to complete the services offered through the Website and/or Application. BabyQ may also share your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- For any lawful purpose that is in compliance with the laws of HIPAA
- Where BabyQ is complying or in good faith attempting to comply with any law, regulation or law enforcement request
- Where BabyQ has obtained your express or implied consent
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary to provide you with the Website and/or Application services associated therewith
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary to share with BabyQ’s parents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensees, affiliates, or business partners
- Where BabyQ has been purchased by a third party
- Where sharing or disclosure of Personal Information is needed to protect the employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, members, users, or shareholders of BabyQ
- Where sharing or disclosure of Personal Information is needed to help prevent against fraud or the violation of any applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or treaty
You may prevent BabyQ from collecting Personal Information by:
- Not using the Website and/or Application
- Adjusting your web browser settings
- Limiting cookies or other tracking techniques
- Deleting your Member Account
- Discontinuing your use of the Website and Application
You may contact BabyQ with any requests regarding your information, but BabyQ reserves the right to act or not act upon such requests.
California residents have the right to receive information that identifies any third party companies or individuals that BabyQ has shared your Personal Information with in the previous calendar year, as well as a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to that third party. You may obtain this information once a year and free of charge by contacting BabyQ at the address below.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy
The Website is not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18, and BabyQ does not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 or other minors. Where appropriate, BabyQ takes reasonable measures to determine that users are adults of legal age and to inform minors not to submit such information to the Website or in response to advertisements. If you are concerned that personal information may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by BabyQ please contact us immediately so appropriate steps may be taken to remove such information from BabyQ’s database.
All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to BabyQ, LLC. © 2014 BabyQ, LLC.